Hosting your own group discussion is easy if you follow these 4 simple steps:
1. Think about who you want to invite.
We encourage you to invite 3 to 5 friends and family members who you feel would be comfortable talking about potentially emotionally difficult topics.
2. Set a date, time and place.
Attached is a template invitation to your friends and family members.
3. Print the Values Survey. During the video, you and your discussion guests will be asked to fill out the Values Survey. This survey will be the topic of one of the prompted discussions so please be sure to have them printed in advance.
Additionally, it might helpful to print your relevant state forms.
- Massachusetts Comfort Care/Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) Order Verification
- Massachusetts Health Care Proxy
- Massachusetts Medical Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (MOLST)
4. Prepare a space and get started. We recommend watching the video around a kitchen or dining room table.
To continue the conversation with your physician, we suggest using the following letter:
Consider printing out this resource page to give to your guests to take with them. It has links to the medical directives discussed in the video as well as some websites to explore as you continue your future healthcare planning.